Booking a Tour
Taking pupils outside of their normal learning environment can involve a fair degree of work but, with the correct planning, preparation and support, a school trip should be highly rewarding for all involved. Our aim is to ensure that you gain real educational benefit whilst minimising the administrative burden.
Booking an Anglia tour from Anglia Tours on Vimeo.
There are a few simple steps to follow:
- What do you want to achieve from your tour?
- Where should I go to best achieve my aim?
- Talk to us in person or on the phone. We are always happy to visit you at school to discuss your aims and chat through the booking process. Equally, one of our Tour Coordinators will be happy to talk to you on the phone.
- Planning time. We advise the following:
- Tours by Air – at least 12 months.
- Residential Tours – about 9 months.
- Day Trips – about 6 months. We can do this in less time but ideally we like to plan a term ahead.
- Ensure you have permission to run your tour on your preferred dates.
- Contact us for a quote.
- Advertise your tour.
- Complete your booking form and return it to us together with your per person deposits. Gathering in deposits will give you and us a clear indication of how many students actually intend to travel.
- Tours by Air – we will also require your completed API Form in order to book flights.
On receipt of your deposits we will confirm your travel arrangements with suppliers and your itinerary with you.
Send us any other details such as rooming lists, dietary and special requirements.
Book your pre-tour presentation with us – this is available for all residential tours.
When you return, let us know how it went and any tweaks you want to make for next year.
For a more detailed look at organising a trip for your school, read our article here.